Tuesday, June 21, 2016

#22  Morning Update from  Kearney. NE

WHITEHOUSECA: 3 SIRS and RV 


Great  night.  Everyone went to bed about 9pm and slept all night.  Even Sir Henry who either has been hot or cold during the night and would ask for the air to be turned cooler or the heat to be turned warmer.  I love smart dogs don't you.   I don't think I moved during the night.  Up feeling good with the first K-cup down.   Love those machine and I think of my sister every time I make a cup.  That was her gift for this mobile home.
Thanks Ann for the comment about open spaces.  Yes, when driving and seeing our country and the vast land and open spaces we have allows one to think about how lucky we are living in this United States.  We remember the history (those old enough to have been taught the history of our country).  Yesterday we drove past and stopped at a monument for President Lincoln.  It was on I-80/US 30 Lincoln Highway.  The monument was in honor of the first present of the Lincoln Highway association.



Driving you see things like huge cattle ranches and feeding pens here in NE.  The boys are so funny when we drove by those cattle ranches---nose up in the - trying to understand what the smell was. 
I understand that most of us need to travel by air to get from west coast to the east or Midwest, but I am glad Lee, the boys and I have had the many chances to travel by RV .  The northern road we are taking is nearly 600 miles loner than the shortest way to Illinois-but it really is so different than the southern drive.  This has been only our second trip on I80. 
I have not decided the return trip yet.  We planned this way due to all of the storms we have had when we have gone the southern way and nearly been blown away in TX and OK.  I guess we have been lucky due to the heat they are having now too.  I will plan more after checking the weather next week.
Today we will start driving with no plan to stop or finish the trip.  We will see how far we get today.  You will have to check back tonight to find our location or you could sign up for an email update to be sent to your mailbox.  Just look to the right and enter your email and you will never have to go looking for this again because it will appear in your mailbox each time I write it.
Before I end today-I do recommend this Kearney RV park when you travel I80 in NE.
,



Until next time we meet on our journey:


No comments:

Post a Comment