Monday, June 20, 2016

#21 Evening Update from  Kearney RV Park , Kearney. NE

WHITEHOUSECA: 3 SIRS and RV 

Ok,  I made it to the planned stop.  10 hours from when we left (one hour central time zone change-one hour due to road construction and about 30 minutes for stop)
I do have to say we moved even with the amount of road construction.  NE must be replacing half of the bridges on I-80.  Lee fixed lunch while we were getting gas once. So we kept driving as much as possible.
 Those of you in HI or CA you will fill sideways when you see the price I paid to fill up.  Not bad $2.22

Before we left WY we made a stop at the Lincoln Highway monument.  The boys enjoyed walking around.  WY even knew they were coming and had a sign made.
They fit in as
wildlife.
Tonight's location rates much higher than yesterday's park.  Here is a picture so you can see what I mean about gravel on the KOA site.  I was not able to download photos last night either.
I guess tonight's update will be short since it is late. 



,



Until next time we meet on our journey:


3 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to see the wide open spaces you mentioned yesterday? After you have lived in SoCal awhile,you just want to see something besides houses and concrete!
    It is broiling here today, glad you caught some cooler weather and those gas prices are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is nice to have those gas prices. I cant wait to see our total spent for gas. I know it is way down from earlier trips. I love SoCal but it is nice to be in the "open spaces" too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, it's Lee.....Our heat wave will start today.
    Yes, there are some beautiful sights and some flat just okay sights. Overall I'm happy I live in the great USA, with so much to see. Chattayalater girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete