Sunday, June 19, 2016

#18 -    Morninng update  Elko, NV

WHITEHOUSECA: 3 SIRS and RV 

Another good night-last night,, we had the air on when we went to bed then about 1 Henry was setting next to the temp controls and needed the heat on.  Some of my family knows Henry and what he does when the temp in the house is not right for him.  I am sure others with dogs have stories too about the pet wanting the correct temp.
 Before bed, the boys and I walked around the RV park.  Saw a variety of motor homes and people -  fun of traveling across country. We have had more people comment about the picture on the back of the RV than any other trip.  Of course they also wanted to know about the third-missing dog.  Sad but it is a great way to keep Sir Winston's sprite alive and with us. Yesterday, Lee could not get away from a lady talking about the boys at a gas station while I was filling up the RV.  That reminds me--gas prices are getting cheaper since leaving CA.  We paid $2.45 .  I am keeping track of all costs and will share later. 
As of yet, we have not stayed at a Harvest Hosts sight. I found out last night that we are one of the blogger sights they are listing in their Links for the Traveler.   It is fun to be put in a group of real bloggers and RV travelers.  Some of the others are full time RV'ers.  Thank you Harvest Host and if you have not checked them out---please do so.  We hope to stay at one or two locations this time to Illinois or on the return trip.

We are planning on getting past Salt Lake City and into Wyoming tomorrow.  Possible Lyman, WY.  It is almost 5 hours of driving.  We will see how it goes and maybe we will do more. 
As I have said,  I am still learning about putting the webpage and this blog together.  I was working on it last night and I found an answer I think to the question my sister had concerning signing up with something before leaving a comment.  I have taken care of that and now you can just leave a comment (I think) so write those comments.  Now to the question Karen had about getting told I have updated--- there is now a place to place your email to be informed when the next blog is written (I think too) . So try it out and see everyone.
Of all the locations we have stayed at-this one in Elko has the best wifi connections.  Important now days.  That is an area I will be working on in the coming months-ways to improve wifi when you are at RV Parks.
Time for another cup of coffee and the news.




Until next time we meet on our journey:




No comments:

Post a Comment