Saturday, June 18, 2016

#16 -    Morninng update  Truckee, CA

WHITEHOUSECA: 3 SIRS and RV 

Weather in Truckee, CA ----COLD and RAIN.  We knew it would be cool, but the weather said nothing about rain.   I watched the local weather last night before going to bed.  In the 40's.  Yes it is in the low 40's but it has rained since 4 this morning.  The RV park is full.  Yes we got the last spot.  People came in all  evening for the weekend.  Hope they get better weather. 
Almost every time the furnace turned off--Sir Henry came over to the bed to have me check if it was still working.   Sir Lancelot slept in a ball at my feet all night. 
Due to the weather,  I don't know when we will leave this morning.  I am as bad as the dogs,  I don't want to go outside and unhook everything and put away.  In the three years we have been traveling in a motor home,  this may be the first day that I have to unhook things and put them away while raining.  We have arrived once or twice in the rain and I had to hook up the power and water in the rain.  Those times were in Cuba, MO.  Yes, I guess I should have know it was going to rain--I got a call from a friend in Illinois yesterday evening asking how I made it to MO. so fast because my Facebook posting said we were in Cuba, MO.  So the "gods" of facebook and computers must have known.  I wish I was in Cuba,   it would be warmer.   My blood is not use to this type of weather. I may have to turn back and get a coat from home.
OK, enough about the weather.  When we do leave we hope to make it to ELKO, Nevada.  It is about 300 miles.  I did call one of three places last night to see if they have openings for tonight (learned my lesson) and they did.  It is Nevada and they have also have machines to loose your money in.  Lance wants to take his earnings from Amazon and bet it all.  Henry is not allowing that. 

Until next time we meet on our journey:




No comments:

Post a Comment