Wednesday, July 27, 2016


#37  at home---Visit by the Doctor
WHITEHOUSECA: 3 SIRS and RV

You might have read a few weeks ago about Lee's and my visit to Illinois.  During our visit, we went to my sister's son's office for a shot and visit.  This past week-end Dr. Flatt (Mack) came for a three day visit.  We had to open a bottle of wine!!!!!  When asked what do you want to do while here--
the answer was easy-  "JUST EAT and use the POOL.




Lee put together her "normal" pre-meal followed by a light meal

Some of the family "traditional" foods

After the meal we there was time for some TV and the nightly news.

Friday morning Mack helped in taking the boys for their morning walk



Following the walk, Lee had put together a small breakfast



 One of the items for breakfast was the "sausage" we brought back from southern Illinois when we stopped and visited my cousin and his wife.  As you can see, Mack loved it.  He wants us to plan a trip to McLeansboro in the fall for more.



After breakfast,  Mack was ready for the pool.




After the pool----what about lunch?

 For Information the plastic glass contains some wine (we were bing pool safe--no glass)
Mack's stay was short-just Thursday afternoon until Sunday morning.  I guess he did what he wanted- EAT and use the POOL.   We did go for lunch Saturday to the great Mexican place:  EL ADOBE.  He enjoyed the meal there almost as much as each of the meals Lee made for him.   He had a "LONG" trip home due to weather.  Was an hour late leaving and due to storms in Chicago he went to WI for about an hour visit before taking off and landing in Chicago.

The boys really enjoyed his visit because they taught him to give them a treat every time he walked by the treat jar.  I have to say too,  Lee and I enjoyed his visit.  I was able to update him on the "family tree" info I have found.  I also gave him a draft copy to read.  Just for the record,  I now have proof that on my mother's side of the family (Johnson married Hall) that we had someone who fought in the American Revolutionary War.   Interesting fact.   I will be posting some of that info later.  I just sent my sister a few pages of the proof.  I do need to work on that  some more.

Lee is getting the guest room ready for our next scheduled arrival- my sister Harlene next month.  She is coming on August 24. 

I am still working on the layout of the blog as well as the website.  So you will see changes in the coming days and weeks.
Now this note:

First I want to thank our new sponsor - Dog Breed Store. com  Feel free to click on it (right side) and take a look.  We have added this to our other supports - Amazon and GoDaddy web-builder.  Please visit these sponsors and by doing so (when you go from this blog or go from the website) the SIRS will get credit for any sales and it cost you nothing.  Yes you pay no more but the SIRS get the credit of the order.





Until next time we meet on our journey:.

No comments:

Post a Comment