Sunday, July 3, 2016

#30  Just in Time-Out of McLeansboro
WHITEHOUSECA: 3 SIRS and RV

Just heard we got out of McLeansboro before the storms hit.  Heard they are doing fireworks between rain drops and the storm warnings.  We did go a different way this morning.  After leaving St. Louis---we went I-70 until we hit I-35 and down to Wichita, KS.  We are staying at a KOA in Wellington, Kansas.   Lee did an outstanding job finding this spot.  
We did have rain in St. Louis and off and on after.  The hardest was for about an hour and we had to slow down to 50-55.   We pulled in here about 6:20pm.  Left McLeansboro about 9:10am.  Nine hours or so.  We stopped twice for gas and dog walks. 
When we leave in the morning---we will head off to OK city and then hit I-40 heading west into Texas.  I would love to make it past Amarillo and into AZ but we will see.  I am sure we will stop in Amarillo for a steak.

I do want to thank my cousin and his family for a great time in my birth town.  Did get some history info and great pictures for the family tree.   We really enjoyed it.  Lee went so many places she had  never been.  This morning,   I did go out and check the blackberries.  I guess we were a few days early.  They just finished picking blueberries this morning after we left (lucky me).  Jerry thanks for the donuts.  If I gained weight-I will tell my doctor to talk to you.

Thanks for the fireworks trip.


No rain this night.
Good Night see you tomorrow




2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July....stay safe on those busy roads! Loved the info on your hometown.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ann, it is fun writing this blog. Family and friends can keep up along with others who I don't even know.

    ReplyDelete