Thursday, July 7, 2016

#34  IN Tucson,AZ  at LazyDays Service Center
WHITEHOUSECA: 3 SIRS and RV


Over 680 page views of these blogs since I have started writing last month.  Yesterday over 40 people viewed the site.  I guess there are some interest in following the SIRS.  You might be interested in one of the following three helpers which I have included on the right side of the blog there also is a list of the past blogs.

Just a reminder if you are looking for something I may have written once--use the search area to the right.  It only searches items from my blogs.

Also listed to the right is a link to our website  whitehouseca.com   I try to update that with more pictures and links which may be useful to all.  And don't forget you can go to any amazon site from the whitehouseca.com site by clicking on a amazon ad.  When you do, the boys earn 4% of your order at NO COST to you.  It is an "ad fee" amazon pays for allowing links to their website.  I see that at least 5 items have been order in July.  When two more items (anything) is ordered the ad fee goes to 6% so thank you for clicking on amazon's links from the website. Thank you for viewing the website and for ordering at amazon via the site.

And last you can also sign up to the right for an automatic email of any new blogs.  There are seven or eight who get it as soon as I write the blog.  Just enter your email in the small box called email and then hit submit.  That is easy.

This morning the Sirs and I went out for a nice walk around 5 am.  I would say that is when all of the dogs here at the KOA was walking.  They enjoyed the walk and I must say the temp was good too. It would be nice if it was like that all day.  The weather report says 99 degrees today but it is "dry" heat.  It is still hot.  We are less than 500 miles from home.  My goal is after they are finished looking or working we will leave for Coto.  We left our sight at KOA Tucson around 8:15 this morning to drive about a block to the service area at LazyDays  RV Center.  Martha is our service writer.  She was organized and understood the issues that I have (slider and leveling jacks).


We arrived about 8:15 am and the boys and I went in to see Martha.  I learned early that having the boys along can speed up things.  The dogs are talking and wanting to explore.  So a normal write up is quicker because the service person wants the dogs out of their office.   At 8:30 they moved the RV off to a bay. 





At the time of this writing, we are the only  group in the PET FRIENDLY waiting area  (TV and at this time good wifi-was told it could be so-so).  The boys have found a location to rest and Lee is watching GMA (her morning show).  I will be writing and doing some organization work here on the

blog.

I had to check to see what w.as going on at 9:15-the door to the jack pump and the door where the control to the slide is located were open. 
At 10:15 I went out to get dog treats.  I did get an ok to go into the bay.  They had been inside getting to the slider motors and someone had been checking the jack pump area (trans oil was on mats which had been placed under the pump area).
At 10:40 Martha came into the waiting room with the news.  The slide motor was out.  The part will have to be ordered.  A return hose was busted.  We decided to have the hose fixed today (should be done by early afternoon).  Since this is the 3rd. time for a hose,  Martha said she will let them know.  Once the motor is in, I will make a trip back to Tucson.

The boys don't seem to mind the wait today-the air is on and it is nice and cool inside here.
I guess we will have pizza for lunch today.  I will go back to the KOA for the pizza and bring it back here.
It was really good.  Ok, maybe I was hungry because of the walk.  I would get it again.  Lee enjoyed it too.  I went back to the RV (to get some water) and saw that they had plugged it in so it was not using LP for the fridge.  The sausage is still frozen.  We had a couple who came in for a while-they were getting their air checked out.  They were lucky - no problem with the air (it is just hot outside).  They were from Texas and will be heading to Kingman, AZ to do a "work camp" for a month or two.  For those who don't know what it is-you work 5-10 hours a week and you get a "free" campsite. 

At about 1:05 pm, Martha came in and informed us that while they were working on the RV they found that the LP tank regulator is bad.  We told them to replace it and if they could fill the tank too.

At 1:40 pm Martha came back in and said as they were replacing the line another line was found almost broken.  That will be replaced now too.  Don't know if I want to see Martha again (ha, ha).  Well she did,  one more bad hose and it should be ready to go by 5:30 pm.  That is later than I wanted but what can one do?  We will leave as soon as it is finished.  Hope to be home by midnight.
Going to publish this now as it is getting long.  You will have to return on Friday to find out the ending.






Until next time we meet on our journey:.

No comments:

Post a Comment