Friday, August 11, 2017

#47
WHITEHOUSECA 3 SIRS



It has been a few days since my last entry into "The Journal of Travel".  We have been in Illinois visiting family and friends.  We are using as our main base the house of my sister's daughter and son-in-law. 

Last week, we drove to southern Illinois to visit my cousin and wife.  They were having a 40th wedding anniversary party which was to be a surprise.   And it was.  Their daughter did a great job in planning and making it happen.
Cousin Jerry and wife Lessa with grandchildren

Family Photo

Was held in McLeansboro at the Big Red Barn





The following morning, Jerry took my sister (who also went to the party with Lee and I) to town to the County Court House and the old bank and library.
The Court House is located in the middle of the "square" of the town.  Stores are built on all four sides of the building.
Add caption
Add caption

This building was built in 1938



Located on the square is the old bank which was started by the Cloud family.




Besides seeing the history again of the town I was born in,  we had a good "country" breakfast at Lessa and Jerry's house.





Lee and I did not just eat in southern Illinois-we took my sister to our favorite pizza location near where we lived in Frankfort/New Lenox
My sister Harlene seemed to enjoy the pizza with us.

All of the trips around town and around the state causes the boys to need a rest.  They really enjoy just "hanging out" in my sister's living room.


On Saturday,  we will attend Lee's  sister's daughter's wedding.  We plan on Tuesday  (Aug 15) to begin the journey home.  My sister is coming along in the RV and we plan on stopping places.  So the next writing will be from someplace from here to there.


                                                                  

                                                   Until next time we meet on our journey

No comments:

Post a Comment